Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 27

Another year older, and younger at heart.

Last "weekend" kicked off with my birthday party. Well, actually it kicked off with me thoroughly cleaning my apartment for no good reason while waiting for the evening to come when the festivities started. It began with four friends who joined me for burritos at my favorite burrito place. We then moved over a neighborhood for a couple rounds of bowling (I came in last but still had a good time.) It was still fairly early in the evening when we tired of bowling so we hit up a small liqueur store across the street and managed to find some Osaka micro-brews (kind-of rare) and drank "street beers" under the Ebisu-bashi bridge (next to the Glico-man sign, a famous Osaka landmark.) While we were waiting, one more friend joined us and we decided to head off for karaoke. Over the course of the rest of the evening we were joined by another three friends as well. Everyone sang a lot and I think we all had a good time. Some time around four a.m. we got tired of singing and all headed home. I left the karaoke place during the darkest part of the night and arrived home just at the sun was starting to think about kissing the horizon. I slept quite soundly that night.

Wednesday was spent recuperating from the previous evening, playing video games, and reading. I managed to finish one game and two books.

Thursday (my birthday, yay!) I woke up and opened presents from home. The irony that I asked for, received, and was grateful for clothes for my birthday did not escape me. Sadly I had to work in the afternoon but at least my shift wan't too busy.

Friday's high-school shift was pretty normal. Morning classes followed by my chronically absent student not showing in the afternoon leaving me ample time to play games with the other students.

Saturday I met a friend on the train into work which made the ride a lot more pleasant. At work it was a typical bustle-y Saturday. In the late evening I went ta friend's DJ/concert/show/event thing. He played some interesting music and I might go see him do it again. The fun part of this evening, however, is that he proposed to his long-time girlfriend at the end of the last song (and she said, "yes.")

Yesterday was particularly busy at web school but I could let off some steam in the evening as I had friends over for yet another game night.

It seems we'll get a break from the constant rain of the last week today. I should get my laundry done today as the forecast calls for rain the rest of the week too (gotta love a country with a rainy-season.) If (and that's a big if) the weather is passable tomorrow I'd really like to go hiking in Kobe and stop at Costco on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment