Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 31

Hrmph. Another late post this week. Nothing to blame but my own procrastination. Well here goes:

Monday the 23rd I woke up at my half-customary early hour of 7:00 and headed to the middle of nowhere to teach 30 kindergarten kids for 40 minutes. I came home and did the week's laundry and relaxed in the early afternoon. That night's web shift was a train-wreck of problems. It started off well enough with my participation in the shooting of a commercial for Web lessons. The rest of night, however, was filled with problem students exemplified by one naughty kid who broke his mic off of his headset during the lesson.


Tuesday (the 24th) I headed up to Kyoto for a little shopping in the Shijo area. To my pleasant surprise there was a long parade (part of the Gion festival) marching around. I panicked a bit after lunch when a freak storm dumped a hard rain. Fearing for my laundry still drying at home I beat a quick path back to my apartment only to find that the storm had completely missed Osaka. Some friends came over in the evening to play board games. 

Wednesday (the 25th) I patiently awaited the arrival of the repairman to come fix my internet. When he finally arrived it took him two minutes to wiggle a wire and fix things. Everything was groovy for thirty minutes after that. Then my connection dropped again. I immediately called the customer service line again where the person on the other end tried to walk me through all the normal steps. It took a couple minutes of convincing to convey that I really knew what the problem was and they just needed to send the repair guy out again. Sure enough when the serviceman came back he said the same thing had happened again and this time he'd replaced the faulty wire and that things should work fine. Wednesday afternoon was spent "catching up" on a week's worth of internet. 

Thursday morning was spent catching up on all the TV shows I missed the previous week. Work was pretty easy, even with two demo-lessons on my schedule. I stopped for groceries on the way home as I usually do on Thursday nights now.

My high-school is on summer break already so I had a "sub-shift" Friday afternoon which meant I got to sleep in a bit Friday morning which was nice.

In contrast to Thursday; my Saturday shift was made busier with more demo-lessons. As a reward for myself I went to the the new Batman movie in the evening. It was a nice wrap-up to the trilogy but at just over three hours, it was a touch on the long side.

Sunday I worked my way through work, thinking forward to the evening. After work I had a few friends over for yet another gaming secession.

Last Monday, after calling home in the morning, I went to the local "clinic center" and found an ENT clinic to look at my throat which had been bothering me for a few days. One look and the doctor sent me home with anti-biotics to fight an apparent case of tonsillitis. In addition, the doctor suggested rest and "not talking as much as possible". Unfortunately I had to work in the evening... and I make my money with my voice.

Yesterday (Tuesday the 31st) I took it easy and didn't move from my apartment for most of the day. I did go out for dinner at my favorite burrito place and had yet another friend come around in the evening to hang out.

This morning I continued to rest and relax. I went out for lunch and picked up cheap ('cause it's the first of the month) tickets for "The Amazing Spider-man" this evening.

I've got one more week of work before summer vacation. I'd better start thinking of what I want to do over the break before the break's over.

Oh, and in the awesome news department I fond out this week that there's a Mini-Legoland in Tokyo which I'll be visiting in September. Also a movie I've been waiting three years to see the third part of the quadrilogy of is finally being released at the end of the year (and the forth movie is slated for next year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment