Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 29

A short blog week this week as last week's update was so delayed.

Thursday I slept on and off all day trying to rid myself of what was left of my cold.

Friday I woke up feeling pretty refreshed and went into work as usual. In the evening I met up with some of the other teachers from the high-school and went out for dinner at an interesting 'vegetable restaurant'. There was a veggie bar and most of the menu items were vegetable based as well. I didn't feel too guilty for pigging out. It was also a nice chance to chat with some of my co-workers outside the normal work environment.

Saturday it's always battle to drag myself into work regardless of illness but I managed again this week. As a reward after work I headed into Kyoto to hear a few bands I like. Unfortunately the venue was in Shijo which is next to Gion and this week is the height of the Gion matsuri, Kyoto's biggest festival. It was a struggle to get from the station to the venue through the thralls of people. The concert itself was a lot of fun and some friends and I stuck around afterwords and had some drinks with the band members. We ended up running to make the last train back to Osaka and totally missed the last subway South. Fortunately one of the people I met through going to these concerts had a friend with a car who came to rescue us and take us home.

I did my usual web shift on Sunday followed by a little shopping in Nippon-bashi (a new figure that I pre-ordered was released yesterday.) I came home and crashed out in front of the TV in the evening.

Today (Monday the 16th) is Ocean Day here in Japan, so I get the day off. I plan on meeting up with some friends later on. Hurray for long weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment