Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 28

Okay, so this took a bit longer than I had initially thought. Mostly due to an energy draining cold that managed to lay me low for a week and a half. A small tickle at the back of my throat turned into a cough and fever. I think I felt worse back when I had pneumonia a few years ago, but at least I had the forethought to have that over a vacation, not during a work week.

Last Tuesday it rained torrentially all day which made for a great excuse to stay inside and play video games all day. At this point my cold was just getting it's claws in me and I didn't think it'd be all that bad, especially with a day of absolute rest.

Wednesday I still felt a little under the weather but the actual weather was so nice that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go out to Kobe and wander around taking pictures. The fresh air and sun probably did me some good but the miles and miles of walking took a lot of energy out of me.

Thursday I managed to go into work with out much fuss and was rewarded with a super easy day with just a few kids classes (where I tried not to breath on the little ones) and no adult classes.

Friday I played yet another new board game with my high school students. This new one's a strategy/economy game that they all really liked a lot. I came home in the evening, ordered a pizza, watched TV, and crashed out.

Saturday I somehow made it through work on my reserve tank of energy, came home, and napped through a friend's birthday party.

Sunday I repeated Saturday's actions and used the power obtained from the pervious day's nap to drag myself into work yet again.

By Monday it was ridiculous. I had to get up early to do my kindergarten shift and stay up late to do my  web shift. I was more than a bit zombie-like at both.

The real hitch of the week is that of all the weeks to get sick, this was the week I was scheduled to do two kindergarten classes, including one on my day off. At this point my voice broke from the sore throat and cracked when I tried to talk. It was a trying 80 minutes of teaching followed by an afternoon spent in and out of naps.

Wednesday (yesterday) I finally started to feel on the up and up again (or at least not worse than the day before) I still took it extremely easy and rested as much as was possible in the last ditch hopes of getting  well before the next work week.

Today (Thursday) I woke up without a fever but still feeling pretty power-less so I literally made the call to not go into work today (clinging to the vague hope that I'll be back at 100% tomorrow.)


Aside from not using all my days off on a common cold I really want to get better before the weekend as one of may favorite bands is playing in Kyoto on Saturday. Also Monday is a national holiday so it'd be nice to be back amongst the health before the long weekend (as fate made me sick LAST weekend not THIS weekend when I could have truely rested.)

No comments:

Post a Comment