Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 26

For the first time in a while I might actually get an update out on time. Hurray for me!

After finishing my post last week I headed off to work in the rain. I followed my new routine of stopping for groceries on the way home and made an interesting observation: When I did my shopping on Thursday mornings the store was packed with housewives and the elderly doing their thing but in the evening most of the customers were salary-men on their way home from work. I guess this makes sense, it was just interesting to see the gender-divide played out.

Friday was another easy day at my high-school followed by a relaxing evening at home.

Saturdays are becoming quite hectic at work but keep me on my toes and go by pretty quickly. I came home Saturday afternoon and took a nice short nap before getting up, making dinner, and watching "Sixteen Candles" for a bit of 80's nostalgia.

Sunday's shift was moderately busy, which meant I had a few breaks in which to get more of "A Song of Ice and Fire: A Clash of Kings" read (I'm almost done.) In the evening I went to see a band I hadn't seen before: "The Okamoto's". They were pretty good and I'd almost certainly see them again if I could get tickets. The house was packed with fans and it might have been the most crowded show I've been to in Japan yet. This probably has to do with the fact that they're a pretty big act and most of the bands I go to see haven't really 'hit the big time' yet.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I've planned a birthday party in the evening to celebrate by 31st (which actually happens on Thursday, a work day.) The plan calls for burritos, bowling, ice cream, and karaoke. It should be fun!

1 comment: