Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 25

Wow, I let this week's update slip a bit more than usual. Well here's what went on last week:

Tuesday (the 12th) started off early with a kindergarten shift. Not early enough however as for the first time ever I was late for work. Thankfully I just missed some prep time and was in the classroom on time but it still made for a less than optimal day. I mis-read my schedule and botched the meeting time at the station by half an hour. I then proceeded to get on the wrong bus and get a stop out before realizing it. I then ran back to the station and got a cab to the worksite. In the end the lessons went really well but I've really got to be more careful in the future. A friend invited me over to play games in the afternoon and I eagerly accepted the chance to blow off the morning's stress.

Wednesday I finished several at home that I'd been working on for a while. It was nice to have som me-time and get some things marked off my to-do list.

Thursday was un-commonly slow at work so I got some side projects done there as well.

Friday's shift was also pretty laid back (well, the high-school's almost always laid-back.) In the evening I joined some friends at a concert. We saw "King Brothers" and "Mudy on the Sakuban". King Brothers are one of my favorite bands and played all of my favorite songs. It was my first time seeing 'Mudy (a six-piece band with 4 guitars, a bass, and percussion) but they were pretty good (very melodic) and I think I'd see them again.

Saturday's shift was busy so I came home and crashed out in the evening.

Sunday's web shift was oddly slow again but allowed my to get some more of the book I'm sludging through read (A Clash of Kings, bok two of A Song of Ice and Fire.) The fiend from Tuesday came over to my place in the evening to hang out for a while.

Monday morning I was back at my kindergarten gig (and on time this week!) I took a long nap in the afternoon (instead of writing this post, again) before going to a busy web shift in the evening. The pay for this extra work is nice but the actual work part of it is tiring.

Tuesday (the 19th) Typhoon #4 swept across Japan. I ended up staying in my apartment listening to the rain batter against my windows for most of the day. In the evening (thankfully after the worst of the storm had passed I went over to a dinner party with the friends from Friday's concert. We dined on a nice Thai curry and, being all Australians, they taught me all about Aussie punk music.

Wednesday (yesterday) had some awesome post-typhoon weather. After going out and enjoying that whole shopping in the afternoon I came home and bought  airline tickets for a trip this fall.

I was up early again this morning for no particular reason (oddly, I woke up at 7:30 each day this weekend) and figured I'd better write this all down before I forget it as I get busy with the next week's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment