Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 5

Maybe it was because winter is here in full force (well, as full as it comes in Osaka) and it's been cold and cloudy, but it didn't feel like a super-great week this week.

Tuesday I met some friend for lunch at a small hidden-away tsukemen (a type of ramen) restaurant which turned out to be really good. I played video games with one of those friends for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening I met my girlfriend for date night at a yakitori (grilled chicken) restaurant. This place was a bit different as it was a grill-it-yourself place. Luckily no one gave themselves salmonella. However, unfortunately, the evening ended in a fairly big fight and we haven't really talked since (most likely the true reason the week wasn't so great.)

Wednesday I met another friend after lunch and we played card games all afternoon. In the evening I continued the James Bond marathon I've been putting on for myself.

The work week went by quickly enough. The high point being getting a shinning review from one of my immediate supervisors. These reviews being 90% of consideration for raises and placement for the next contract, this was a very good thing.

Friday night my Bond-a-thon advanced into the Rodger Moore years.

Saturday I met the same friend from Wednesday at a McDonald's uptown where we sat and played video games for a few hours in the evening.

Yesterday (Sunday) evening I had Burger King with some co-workers after work (it's becoming a Sunday tradition) before heading home and playing more card games with the same friend I played with on Wednesday.

Looking forward: I signed up for some overtime this Wednesday as well as the next so I've got a few weeks of short "weekends" but at the end of that there's a Saturday holiday and I'm using my remaining vacation days the following Sunday and Monday to give myself a much needed 5-day "Spring break".

No comments:

Post a Comment