Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 3

So, last Monday was Coming of Age Day here in Japan. I spent most of the day cleaning my apartment and catching up on movies I wanted to see. In the evening I met up with some friends for a few rounds of pool and a couple hours of karaoke.

Tuesday night my girlfriend came over, we ordered pizza, and a watched Slumdog Millionaire (a good flick.)

Wednesday was a bit of a wash as to getting things done, but I did manage to watch the first four James Bond movies in a row. I met up with the usual Wednesday night gang at the local watering hole in the evening for drinks and chatter.

Thursday was the start of my first full work week of the year. A week which went by fairly quickly. Nothing much to write home about there this week.

The big happening this week occurred on my way home Saturday night. As I walked towards my apartment after work all I saw were flashing lights for blocks in every direction. I had to pass a police/fire cordon to get into my building. I stopped to ask the officer what happened and found out that the owner of the flower shop down the street's house had caught fire. I walked by Sunday morning on the way to work to see that the whole building had been gutted.

Last (Sunday) night after work I invited a number of friends over for another games night which I think was a big success. Playing English based games (like Apples to Apples or Bananagrams) with English teachers is in turn difficult and terribly funny (when others dominate or make simple mistakes.)

Looking into next week I've got tickets to my favorite band (playing in Kyoto on Wednesday) and I'm pondering going to Osaka castle tomorrow if the weather's good. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment