Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 6

Sheesh, and I though LAST WEEK was bad. Well, I guess like last week I got the hard part out of the way first and the rest of the week wan't that bad.

Tuesday night I met with my girlfriend and had a long conversation trying to remedy the fight which we'd had the week before. Unfortunately in the end it was decided that we couldn't rectify the base problem and broke up. After a good cry and a call to mom I called up some of the guys and headed down to the local watering hole to commiserate.

I didn't stay out too late however, as I had an overtime shift on Wednesday. It turns out I was covering a shift for a friend and had a really good time meeting new students at a school I hadn't been to before.

Thursday I got up earlier than usual and went into my company's headquarters to interview for a teaching position in one of the company's other branches. This branch sells franchises to housewives who run small schools in their homes for kids. In addition this branch sends teachers out to kindergartens and elementary schools to interact with the kids there. As I;ve been teaching kids at this company for four years now the interview was quite easy and I'll start getting additional work from this branch in April.

At Friday's shift I ended up working with another of my friends and we went out to play video games after work.

Saturday's shift was smooth and followed up with a trip to the Hard Rock Cafe Osaka for ribs. As always the ribs were expensive but well worth it. This was followed up with more of my Bond marathon.

Sunday was busy but went by fairly quickly. After work I met up with yet another of my friends and we played card games late into the evening.

Looking forward; this week I've got more overtime on Wednesday then a short work week of Thursday and Friday followed by a national holiday on Saturday. I've taken vacation days on Sunday and Monday to give myself a little 5-day "spring break" next week. The current plan is to head down to Kyushu (Japan's Southern main island) for a few days but we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment