Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 9

Picking up from where I left off on Wednesday; it turns out I didn't have much free time this past week after all.

Thursday morning was spent doing my usual beginning of the work-week routine of getting my room in order and doing the week's grocery shopping. This was followed by a busy day at work which left me pretty exhausted. Luckily there are only a few weeks of kids classes left in the semester then we get to change things up for the next school year. A fresh start should bring some renewed vigor.

Friday was my last high-school shift for this school year so I said "see you later" to all my students (as I'm really hoping that I'll get that shift again starting in April.) Friday evening was spent doing some initial spring cleaning; things like sorting out books I've already read to take into the office book exchange.

Saturday morning was another busy shift with lots of students. This was followed by an evening of rock-n-roll at a small venue in my neighborhood. Along with two friends I saw a total of five bands (3 good, 2 so-so.) The only down-side to the evening was that it was a "smoking" venue and the smoke clogged up my sinuses.

Sunday morning it was back to the grind-stone for another full day, this time at "web-school." I suppose one thing about a full schedule is that it does tend to make the day go by faster. Yesterday evening I went to one of my friends' birthday events at my favorite local watering hole. The party started off slow (even the birthday-boy was late for his own party) but in the end it was standing room only with people pouring out the door and onto the stairs up to the street. It was a good chance to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while.

Looking forward: There's nothing on my schedule for this "weekend" (or this weekend) but that's bound to change as we're heading into "year-end" mode here in Japan (the academic year ends at the end of March) and there are a lot of "sayonara" parties popping up for people leaving at the end of this contract.

Oh, and I've finally added pictures to last week's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment