Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 22

Last Tuesday and Wednesday were one of those weekends where nothing much gets done. I did some laundry, built a model, and had the guys over to play video games but not much else. I had planed to get up early on Tuesday to go hiking but a combination of rain and sleeping in made me change my mind.

A pretty normal work week again. I'm more or less in a good groove with my schedule this year.

Saturday, after work, I made my way out to a new Costco "near" my office (20 minutes by bus.) This new Costco is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but on the plus side it wan't too busy on a Saturday. The joke here about Costco is that it's "the cheese store" and indeed most of what I brought home were cheese products. (It"s hard to find good / cheap cheese elsewhere in Japan.)

Sunday after work I went with ome friends over to another friend's house to see his new baby. And a very cute baby it is. He looks just like his father and is even calmed by the music of the rock bands we all enjoy.

Monday I had to get up early again and head into the deep south part of Osaka to teach at a kindergarten. As with last time the class went well and the kids seemed to have a good time and like me. I came home in the afternoon intending to update my blog but I ended up crashing out after lunch and sleeping until it was time to head off to my evening shift. I met up with some of the gang at our neighborhood bar for the first time in a long while for an after work drink.

If I can get some work done today I think I'll attempt to go hiking again tomorrow. Later in the week I've got a friend's wedding I'm supposedly the photographer for. I guess I should brush up on my technique before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment