Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 20


Last Tuesday I decided to take the local street car down to it's terminus in the South and find out where exactly it ended. Turns out it goes to a really nice park down in the area of the international airport. Unfortunately all of the cool parts of the park (the small-gauge railroad, the go-kart track, the waterpark) are all closed on Tuesdays. After seeing what the park had to offer I hopped on one of the main train lines and continued South until I got close to the airport itself. The area next to where the artificial island that is the airport is is called Rinku-Town and is home to the Rinku Gate Tower Building which is the second tallest building in Japan. Sadly, there's no observation deck at the top but the staff of the restaurant on the 54th floor was kind enough to let me get a view out the windows. All toured out I came home in the evening and a friend came over to play games for a while.

Wednesday I decided to re-arrange my room. I more-or-less left-right mirrored my old setup; but it's nice to see things from a different angle. In addition to just moving stuff around I had a chance to vacuum and rid myself of some of the dust bunnies that had been growing in the corners.

Thursday was busy as usual but, again, the day sped by.

Friday I did my high-school gig. In the evening, try as I might, I couldn't get together anything social and ended up relaxing at home and watching movies alone instead.

Saturday was a long one as I had to get up early for my regular shift. After work, instead of heading back to Osaka, I headed the rest of the way into Kyoto. (My Saturday shift is in a city near the boarder between Osaka and Kyoto.) In Kyoto I tracked down the concert venue I was going to, then went off to look for dinner. On my way to dinner I ran into one of the lead singers of one of the bands I was going to see that night. I was very surprised when he remembered me from the last show of his I went to. After dinner I headed back to the venue, met up with some friends, and enjoyed the show. It was a good three hours of rock (4 different bands) and I ended up catching the last train home before falling like a ton of brick into my bed.

Sunday I headed into web-school for what turned out to be a pretty easy day. I came home in the evening and wrote this post. (Explanation in the next paragraph.)

Tomorrow morning (Monday the 14th) I have to get up pretty early and go teach at a kindergarden in South Osaka. I'll then have a little break in the afternoon before I have to head off and do my Monday evening web-shift. It's looking to be another long day.

Looking forward: I've got plans penciled in to go to Universal Studios Japan with a friend on Wednesday. I've lived in Osaka for three years and never been so I decided I should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment