Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 47

Work this week was sorted up a bit with two days of classes in a new building at one of my regular schools. The new space itself is not only clean and bright but the change of scenery also brings fresh outlook to the way I teach (especially my long-term students who I see every week.)

My Friday high-school students continue to no show up for class. I do my best not to take it personally as these kids have a history of being shut-ins and for that reason especially I hope, each wee, that they come back to class.

After work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week I played online games with some friends, one of whom is moving back to Canada soon. I suppose, as these games are online, we could still play after he moves but even the Internet age hasn't been able to totally wipe out time (zone) differences.

Saturday, on the way home from work, I stopped at the theater downtown to get one of the last remaining tickets for the opening-day showing of the animated feature: Evangelion 3.0: You can (not) redo. This is the third in a tetrarch of films (the first two of which I saw on opening day in Japan as well.) One of the latest shows I've seen in Japan, the movie started at 11:10p.m.. I was a bit tired the next dy but it was totally worth it. These films use cutting-edge digital animation techniques to provide two hours of eye-candy consistently mixed with an fantastic soundtrack.

Looking forward I've got to start packing for my (short) trip back to the States on Wednesday. Before then I have yet another kindergarten class to teach tomorrow morning (Tuesday the 20th). Once that shift is over I'll have a full week off work and five awesome days back in the 'ole hometown to spend with family. I'm really looking forward to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment