Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Week 46


Last Tuesday I lounged around most of the morning before going out mid-day to buy some things for the evening's festivities. As usual I rode my bike down to my friend's house in the South of Osaka. We played games all afternoon but stopped around five o'clock to make preparations for dinner. A little later on a few more friends came over and we all enjoyed an early mini-Thanksgiving feast. The highlight of the meal was a juicy turkey (from Costco) but also featured hand made mashed potatoes and stuffing as well as pumpkin pie for dessert. In the true Thanksgiving spirit everyone sat around in food-comas watching TV afterwords.

Wednesday (the 7th) I slept in for the first time in a while. I think the cooler weather makes my bed that much more inviting to my unconscious mind. I hit up my favorite burrito place for lunch and did some shopping in the afternoon. In the evening some friends came over for pizza and games.

Thursday I slept in again and almost missed a chat secession I had planned with a friend back home. Work wasn't too bad. The school I work at on Thursdays and Saturdays was about to move (last Sunday the 11th) so I helped get things organized for that.

The previous few Fridays trend of my students not showing up continued this week. The game of the week with the other students was Monopoly which was a blast from the past. As my allergies were acting up all day I stopped for more allergy medicine and a 4-pack of tissues on the way home. After the allergy medicine kicked in I was too lazy to make dinner and ordered pizza for the second time that week.

Saturday was also a fairly easy work day and also involved final preparations for the school's impending move (across a plaza, right next to the station.) A fiend called and wanted to go out for dinner in the evening and we ended up playing online games most of the night.

Sunday's Web school shift was particularly busy, as has been the norm lately. I stopped at the eyeglass shop on the way home to get my new glasses adjusted (they were a little off and making my eyes tired.)

Monday I had to get up early yet again to do another Kindergarten class. After getting take-out for lunch I came home and crashed out for a few hours before going to work in the evening.

Yesterday (Tuesday the 13th) I slept in again and messed around the house in the morning before heading South for my weekly gaming session (sadly, with less turkey this time.)

This morning my apartment was cool enough that I didn't want to get out of bed. When I did manage to rouse myself I got dressed and went out shopping. I spent most of the day downtown riding my bike around. I came home in the afternoon to do laundry and write this post. My Wednesday night gaming friends will be over soon.

I get to see the new school for the first time tomorrow which is exciting. I hope this work week goes by fast as next week I'll be headed back to the States for a real Thanksgiving with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment