Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 17

This was a pretty busy week, especially at work, but also a fairly sleepless one thanks in no part to some noisy neighbors who don't seem to realize or, perhaps, care how thin the walls of my apartment are.

[...and just like that Monday and 'the weekend' got away from me. Well, here's what I was going to type on Monday plus all of this weekend's stuff...]

Last Tuesday (the 18th) I got some work done around the house in the morning and headed out mid-day to enjoy the fine spring weather with a long bike ride. My first stop was my favorite hat store where I picked up a snappy new flat-cap as my spring hat. I then headed over towards the port area. I was just wandering around when I stumbled upon one of a system of water taxis that ferry people and bicycles across Osaka's many canals... for free! Seeing a map of all the crossings I planned out a route that took me across as many as I could in a big loop. Towards the end some big rain clouds rolled in and I was fairly soaked by the time I got home.

Wednesday I rested up for the work week, did some more housework, and played some video games. It was pretty rainy so I didn't feel too bad about not getting out of the house.

Thursday was terribly busy at work and I didn't have two free seconds to rub together. On the plus side it made the day go by quick.

Friday was the first shift at my high-school this year. Classes went well, with one new and one returning student in the morning and one student from one of my other schools who's now attending this high school in the afternoon (-evidently- ...as he didn't show up and then I had a bunch of free time.) Friday night my favorite band (the 50 Kaitenz) played at Namba Hatch (a large concert hall down the street.) In addition to the usual crew of fans one of my other friends came along to see what all the fuss was about. As with all their concerts, everyone had a really good time.

Saturday morning was an early one and another busy day. I passed on all offers of social interaction after work and went straight home and took a long nap. Three hours of kids classes at 10 on a Saturday morning is torture.

Sunday was busy at web-school but nowhere near as taxing as Saturday's shift. In the evening I had a bunch of  friends over for a game night. We had a bigger than usual turnout which allowed us to play some of the fun games we usually don't get to because they requite a certain number of players.

Of course Monday morning the new board game I'd ordered the week before in the hopes of playing it at the games night showed up before work.

Yesterday (Tuesday the 24th) I went to the hardware store in the morning to get some parts to hook up my washing machine and did a test run of white shirts (which stayed white and maybe even got clean.) In the afternoon two friends came over to try out the belated board game that had arrived the previous day. We ended up playing games for most of the afternoon and into the evening again.

Today's weather was pretty nice again (though a bit overcast) so I took my bike back to the port area and rode the few ferries I didn't ride the previous week. I came home physically exerted and took a nice long nap in the afternoon. After a light dinner I'm now trying to catch up on all the stuff I've been putting off while having a good time this part week.

Next Sunday is the start of Golden Week here in Japan. While I have no solid plans I'm really looking forward to a few days off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment