Sunday, April 1, 2012

Week 14

Nothing particularly interesting to write home about this week. No big adventures anyways.

Last Tuesday I did a little shopping in Nipponbashi in the morning - I'm doing the photography for a friend's wedding in June and realized that I should probably have a real flash for my camera before then. In the evening I did my new weekly routine of meeting up with a friend for a few hours and working through the game we're playing.

Wednesday I helped a friend who's moving back to Australia clean out her apartment and take some boxes to the post office. The latter part took a lot longer than it needed to. When we arrived we were told to fill out labels for the 8 boxes (3 big, 5 small) this was expected. Then we were advised that the 5 small boxes need to be re-packaged because you evidently can't ship boxes with text on them to Australia. Once all this was sorted out and we got to the counter it turned out the small boxes were going to be outlandishly expensive as, though they only had books in then, they didn't count for document rates because of the type of box we had just re-packaged them into. Writing those off we moved onto the big boxes which turned out to be both too big as well as being too heavy. So aside from schlepping 100kilos of stuff to and from the post office we wasted 3 hours of our time. (My friend got a UPS like service to come collect the boxes from her apartment the next day, solving that problem.) After the post office my friend helped me move some things I inherited from her place to mine. I now have a washing machine, a vacuum, and a small oven. In the evening I went over to another friend's house to play a new pirate themed board game that he bought recently. It was a lot of fun (mostly because I found that I'm quite good at it.)

Without kids classes Thursday's shift went a little slower than usual. Friday was taken up with  training session instead of a regular shift.

Saturday was both the last day at one of my schools as well as the last day of the 2011-2012 contract. In the evening I headed out to a birthday party at the local watering hole followed by a farewell party for another friend uptown. I somehow managed to get home and in bed by midnight and was out like a light.

Sunday morning saw the first shift of the new contract year which, for me, was the same shift as last year. There was a different assortment of other teachers there which made for a fun day and helped pass the time. In the evening I met up with the usual Sunday evening guys for yet another gaming session.

There's blessedly little on my schedule for this week which means I might actually be able to go out and take some pictures, ride my bike, study, or generally relax and enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment