Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 21

Most of the past week was a blur in anticipation of celebrating my girlfriend's birthday on Sunday night.

I seem to remember that last Tuesday I stopped by the local game store (the ONE that stocks "foreign" games.) I've had a copy of "Apples to Apples" and "Fluxx" for a while now and while they're both fun games but I've been wanting to expand my collection. I finally broke down and bought "Once Upon a Time", "Lunch Money", and "Aquarius" this week. This of course led to a games night that evening, which was a lot of fun. *Everything with quotes in this paragraph is the name of a different card game.

Wednesday was spent rolling D&D characters for a new campaign that a friend of mine is starting in June. A bunch of us got together in the early afternoon to discuss the game and roll some dice. It's really fun to get together and be nerdy with other nerdy people one in a while. Once the work of character creation was done we went and got ramen, drank, and played card games until 2am.

After a couple of days of work, Saturday night, I met up with some friends at a concert venue down the street. My favorite Osaka based band opened, followed by a weird all female psychedelic-rock-revival band, and closed out by an okay-band-made-awesome that had the drummer from my all-time-favorite Japanese band. (za 50 kaitenz, kinoko hotel, and the piizu)

Finally after much preparation and "discussion" I met my girlfriend after work on Sunday and we went out to celebrate her birthday. I chose a sushi restaurant that my friend had recommended. I would normally not have tried this place, as it's one of those restaurants where they don't put prices on the menu (yeah, intimidating.) All-in-all dinner was amazing. I'd been told that "good" sushi was totally different from the 100yen sushi-go-round stuff but I was unprepared for how much better it was. In the end dinner ended up being much more reasonable than I had anticipated (a good thing for my monthly budget.) Dinner was so reasonable that we splurged on a taxi back home where I presented an order made cake I had had made as well as a small box of Legos I wrapped up. (The girlfiend was impressed/happy. Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment