Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 20

This past week came in with a bang, had a whimpering mid-section, and had awesome finish.

While last Sunday (May 8) was my Japanaversery I ended up going out and celebrating last Monday instead. 3 of the 4 remaining people from my training group (myself included) went out to our favorite bar after work and ended up stating until the sun came up (the latest I've been out in quite a while.) Luckily Tuesday was a rainy day-off so it didn't matter that I slept in until the mid-afternoon or that I ordered pizza for dinner so I didn't have to leave the house all day.

Wednesday was similar to Tuesday in raininess but I did manage to get out of the house. A bunch of friends and I went uptown, first to a batting cage, then to play ping-pong at an entertainment center, and finally to do a couple hours of karaoke. Although it sounds like we did a lot, it was still a surprisingly lazy (and cheap) day.

Nothing too special about the work week this week. Went out for sushi with my girlfriend on Saturday.

Yesterday (Sunday) on the way into work on my bike, I happened to see a sign saying "Mexican Food/Bar" out of the corner of my eye. I talked some of my co-workers into joining me there for dinner (a ridiculously simple task.) It turned out to be a bit pricy but incredibly good. With this place and the new burrito place across town I think Osaka is experiencing an Mexican food "boom"... and not a minute too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment