Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 16

Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh yeah, drama with the girlfriend. Things had mostly blown over by Tuesday and we had a rare mid-week date. We went to one of the (many) local "British pubs" followed by a long chat in one of the (also, many) Starbucks in the area.

Wednesday I, spur-of-the-moment, decided to take a long bike ride from my place up to the Yodo River (about 3 miles North.) I took a meandering course and found a lot of cool new places along the way. At the same time, I missed my old Wednesday traveling companions from last year (most of whom went back to their respective countries at the end of March.)

Thursday was the first work day with kids classes this contract and went fairly well considering. First kids days are always awkward but everyone tends to get settled by week two or three.

Saturday night I went to a friends birthday party in a tiny little Indian restaurant down town. It was nice to see everyone who turned out (about 30 people) but in a place built for ten, it was a bit crowded.

Last night (Sunday) I went out to a nice buffet-style restaurant with some other friends for their "going away" party. This party was a little more my speed as we could sit down and not have to shout to hear each other.

After posting this update I'm going to call into headquarters and see if I can snag some overtime that's been posted for tomorrow. Then, on Wednesday I think I'll hop over to Kobe to start working on a scavenger hunt I'm putting together over Golden Week.

1 comment:

  1. I read about the Yodo River and hear a Frank Oz/ Yoda voice in my head saying "bike or bike not...no try...the Force is with you!"

    MomCat

    ReplyDelete