Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 15

Well, I think this is the latest a post has come since I started blogging weekly. I now see why I really shouldn't skip out on writing every Monday: in addition to my being a procrastinator, the weeks kinda blend together and it's easy to forget what I did when. Let's see if I can jog my memory all the way back to... the seven days from April 4th to April 11th...

On the 5th (a Tuesday) the weather was warm and sunny (one of the first real "spring" days we've had in Osaka this year) so I took my bike and camera and headed out into the city. After touring around a bit I came upon a river-side park (near my company's HQ) which was lined on both sides by blooming cherry trees. The trees were nearing peak, but weren't quite there yet, so I made arrangements to meet my girlfriend after work on the following Saturday so we could go see them together.

Wednesday (the 6th) I went to the local home-center to buy some indoor-outdoor carpet for my balcony (to spruce the place up a bit.) At the home-center I ran into one on my friends and we ended up hanging out the rest of the day.

Thursday (the 7th) I managed to get up, wash two years of gime off my balcony, cut my carpet down to size, and get said carped laid down, all before I had to go to work at 2:00. It was quite the productive day.

Friday and Saturday (the 8th and 9th) were mostly spent waiting for Saturday night's date. The girlfriend and I met at the station closest to the river and walked around for a bit. After a while we found a good spot and put doen the tarp I brought and had a drink under the cherry trees. Once the sun set it got chilly and we headed downtown for some dinner at a great Japanese restaurant in the entertainment district. We capped off the evening with a few hours of karaoke at the karaoke box where we went on our first (group) date.

Sunday (the 10th) was work, as was Monday (the 11th, when I should have written all this down). Monday saw some drama with the girlfriend, but what's a relationship with out a little drama? Things were smoothed over by Tuesday but I'll leave that for next Monday so I have something to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment