Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 13

A bit of a short "blog week" this week due to my last update being written later than usual. I now think the "sinus infection" I had last week was actually "cedar fever" (think hey fever, but with cedar pollen.) Allergies, while being a pain in the... nose... didn't keep me from the farewell party I went to on Friday. It turned out to be a fairly run-of-the-mill event at one of the area's British pubs. A lot of the other (Japanese) high school teachers were there and we all ate, drank, and had a good time.

Where my sinuses draining down my throat did effect me this week was when I ended up missing the big fare-well karaoke event last Saturday, instead staying in and having dinner with my girlfriend. (There's nothing more tortuous than singing karaoke with a sore throat.)

Today is the last day of kid's classes for me (for this contract year, aka until mid-April.) In part to celebrate, after work tonight the plan is to meet up with some of the guys and play some poker.

Looking foreword (and baring another major allergic attack) I'm scheduled to do some wedding photography for some friends tomorrow, which should be fun. Also, on Wednesday, I've got tickets to the Hanshin Tigers' home opener at the Kyocera-Dome here in Osaka (down the street, promises to be a good time.) And then, Friday starts the new school year here with new classes, new students, new staff, new teachers, and new schools. It's looking to be a pretty exciting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment