Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 12

Sorry for the delay this week but it's been a busy few days. Monday (my usual update day), I was busy shopping for and going to a friends's daughter's first birthday party. I'm pretty sure the kid had no idea what was going on (and, in fact, slept through most of it) but everyone who went had a good time. (Oh, and Monday was a national holiday to celebrate the spring equinox!)

Yesterday I went hiking in Takedao (on an old-abandoned-railway-turned-hiking-trail I've been to before) with another friend. The weather was about perfect and we had a good hike.

I was slated to join some more friends, rent a car, and drive to Shikoku today but I bowed out to nurse a sinus cold that's been lingering for the past few days. (And I just now remembered that I've been putting off this update, oh no!)

There actually wasn't too much to write home about last week. Except, I suppose, LAST Wednesday I did go on a different hike (with a different friend in a different prefecture.) We hiked from a town called Tenri to a town called Sakurai in Nara. The weather was more-or-less nice with periods of warm sun woven with snow flurries. (We were hiking in some foot-hills.) There were some nice temples, a few rice fields, and a lot of orchards along the trail.

Looking ahead to this weekend: I've got a farewell party for one of the high-school teachers from last year and an all-night send-off karaoke-party for some of the other teachers who are leaving at the end of this contract (which ends March 31st.)

No comments:

Post a Comment