Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 10

I left off last week about to go shopping Tuesday morning. Turns out that shopping expedition was a huge failure due to a broken credit card machine, a sold out item, and an item not yet in stock. The redeeming feature of the day being that when I went out for dinner I stumbled across a hat shop which had the hat I've been searching fo for the last month (a bowler hat in a size 58) at a great price ($30 on sale!) I also randomly met one of my co-workers on the way back from the hat shop which gave me an excuse to go out for Korean BBQ.

Had an early-ish start on Wednesday as the crew was headed off to South Kyoto to tour the Suntory Beer Brewery. This will probably be the last brewery tour for a while as I think we've been to all the major one's in Kansai (the area of Japan where I live) already. The tour was pretty much the same deal as with the Asahi plant but if you're only going to do one, do the Asahi plant. The Asahi tour was more in-depth and the guide was a more knowledgeable (partly because out Suntory guide had only been on the job a month.)

After the tour I broke off from the group (everyone else was headed to a soccer game) and went into downtown Kyoto. I was searching for a stuffed animal my girlfriend pointed out last time we were there but the place we saw it had changed hands, so I'll have to search elsewhere.) I snapped some pictures of Kyoto Station in the daylight (I'm usually there at sunset) and headed back to Osaka.

The work week progressed at it's usual quick pace with nothing of particular interest happening. (Though later in the week I managed to buy some of the things I was looking for on Tuesday which included a camera lens-adapter and Nintendo's newest portable gaming device.)

There was some drama with my girlfriend and a forgotten umbrella last night so I'm off to buy flowers this afternoon.

This week's "weekend" activities are shaping up to include the first big bike ride of the year and my high school class's graduation ceremony (a swank event last year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment