Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 38

Okay, I guess i need to back the blog-train up a bit and cover most of the last two weeks. Hmmm, where did I leave off? Oh, yeah:

Friday the 7th... I had an excruciatingly long substitute day doing busy work. When there's nothing else to do teachers are often tasked with making flyers to be passed out in fron of the train station by cutting A3 paper down to A6 size. It's a bit tedious at best and mind-numbing when done for six straight hours.

Saturday I woke up at 5am so I could call a friend in Arizona who had a pod cast. Needless to say, even after going back to bed before work, I was a bit tired all day.

Sunday came and went without much fanfare.

Monday morning I had to be up at the crack of dawn to teach a kindergarten class. It was at a school I've been to before but with new students. Things went pretty well. As usual I went came home and napped before going to work in the evening.

Tuesday I went to Universal Studios Japan for the second time this year. I went with a different friend this time, to see a special exhibit. One of the video games I was playing a lot earlier in the year is called Monster Hunter and involves hunting dragons. The USJ exhibit had two life-sized dragons as well as a room where you could play the game with a bunch of other people. The weather was about perfect for walking around the park too. And, oddly, we got interviewed for an Indonesian news show (things like "Why'd you come today?" and "What's your favorite attraction?")

Wednesday I did housework in the morning and played card games with friends in the evening.

Thursday was a fairly typical work day thought I came home in the evening and beat the current video game I've been playing.

Friday, for my last "sub-day" for a while, I got sent out to another one of my old schools. Again I had to do a lot of busy work but this time I got to talk with a number of my students from last year, which was fun.

Saturday I was supposed to go to a concert down the street from my apartment after work but kids classes earlier in the day had me so wiped that I came home and crashed into bed instead.

Yesterday (Sunday the 16th), after work, I went out to a farewell event put on by one of my co-workers. He's a musician and decided to have a concert for his going away party. It was a lot of fun and  one of those events where anyone who is anyone was there.

Today is "Respect for the Aged Day" here in Japan so I have the day off. Actually, I have the next six days off. I leave for Tokyo tomorrow morning and will spend 5 days mostly checking out new things this trip. I have tickets for the Tokyo Game Show, Studio Ghibli Museum, Tokyo Sky-Tree, and Lego-Land Tokyo. All that plus catching up with old friends should keep me pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment