Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 35

As suspected; last Tuesday I ended up lounging around the house most of the day, getting things tidied-up and ready to go back to work. I did go out for dinner at a British Pub in a mall downtown for dinner. The fish-and-chips were good, the beer was cold, and the windows overlooked the construction site of the (soon to be) tallest building in Japan.

Wednesday I had to get up fairly early to go into headquarters for some additional kindergarten training. A number of people I hadn't seen since the spring were there and it was nice to have a chance to chat with them for a while (and it made going into the office on my last day of vacation worth it.) In the evening I went out for "shabu-shabu" (a type of "soup" involving very thinly cut meats) with two of my best friends. The three of us went out for shabu-shabu when visiting Tokyo three years ago. It was good then and we've been saying we should go again ever since, but just didn't get around to it.

My first full day back at work, Thursday, went as well as could be expected. The kids in my classes on Thursday are all naturally very well behaved which makes all the difference.

Since my high-school kids will still be on break for another few weeks I had a "sub(stitute)-day" on Friday. I got sent back to a school I taught at when I lived in Kobe. The staff were all really happy to see me again and this, too, was a fairly easy shift.

Saturday's shift was a mad-house as usual but was over quick enough, I suppose. A few things happened Saturday evening: A new game called "Guld Wars 2" was released for the PC. A number of my friends and I were all excited for this new role-playing game. After getting home and playing for a while I headed down to the river-side where a co-worker was having a fare-well party. I didn't intend to stay that long but there was good company to be had and I ended up going home after midnight.

Sunday and Monday's shifts were broken up by playing the new game almost non-stop the night in-between.

Today was yet another lazy Tuesday. I went out mid-day to get a haircut and some lunch and that was pretty much it.

Tomorrow I've got plans to go to a zoo near Kobe and see some pandas in the afternoon and attend a concert (two of my favorite bands!) in the evening. Hopefully the weather is nice for my trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment