Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 12

This week started off a little rocky but ended up being pretty fun in the end.

Although I really wanted to go see sumo wrestling on Tuesday the cold from the weekend reared it's ugly head and I ended up staying in bed and watching TV all day instead. In the evening I managed to drag myself out of the house to meet up with a friend for a while but that was it for the day's activity.

Wednesday afternoon was the graduation ceremony for the high-school I teach at on Fridays. It was in the same hotel as last year and went along pretty much the same. After the ceremony part where the students got their diplomas we adjourned to another big room where we had a really nice buffet-style lunch and mingled. None of "my" students were graduating this year but I did get to say "congratulations" to a few kids I had known for the past three years I've been doing that shift. In the evening I had some friends over to play games and chat before turning in early.

Thursday morning I was up at the crack of dawn again for day two of my new-assignment training. After that I had a short break for lunch then my usual Thursday shift. I was pretty worn out by the time I got home and zonked out while watching my favorite TV show (a walking tour of Tokyo presented by a famous Japanese comedian.)

Friday I had to go in earlier than usual to cover a shift for another teacher but mis-heard my start time and was almost late. Fortunately the rest of the day was pretty stress free as the teacher I was covering for was actually there so we each only had to do half a day's work load.

Saturday was the first day of the last week of kids classes so I said goodbye to all my little ones at work. In the evening I played a new game at a friend's house for a while before heading out for St. Patrick's day. The original plan was to go see one co-worker play a show at an Irish pub but when we got there it was beyond S.R.O. so we went with plan-b and headed over to an Australian pub to see a different co-worker's show. (Evidently English teachers tend to the musical type.) It seemed as if everyone from work was out and about and having a good time.

Yesterday was extremely busy at work and I once again came home in the evening and zoned out.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the Nipponbashi Festa (a.k.a. The Nerd Parade.) I won't be dressing up this year but instead plan on taking as many pictures as I can. Aside from that, spring seems to be around the corner. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment