Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 11

After I updated my blog last Thursday I headed into work and started a blessedly quick work week. I was busy but that really made it zoom by.

Friday morning I lounged around the house before going into my "sub shift" that I've got until April. I kind of like the place I usually get sent as there are a lot of other teachers there so I can get caught up on on the news and goings on in the teacher community. Unfortunately news isn't the only thing I "caught" this week.

I awoke Saturday morning with a throbbing headache and a sore throat. I've never called into work before and didn't really know what to do (headquarters opens at 10:00 and I usually leave home at 9:25.) I figured I could at least drag myself to the office which I did then promptly called for a sub. The substitute teacher took a while to arrive so I had to teach my first lesson, but then went home after that. I arrived home to find next year's schedule and contract in my mail box which was nice. Then, after a long nap, I was feeling well enough by the late evening to meet some friends going to see the latest zombie movie (which was awful in a good way).

Still not at 100%, I had a very busy day yesterday followed up by meeting with friends again in the evening. I'm not sure when I became such a social butterfly but it's really digging into my anti-social life.

Work today promises to be busy but at least tomorrow is the weekend. And what busy weekend; with Sumo on Tuesday and high school graduation on Wednesday (followed by another early start on Thursday.) No rest for the wicked at the end of the school year I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment