Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 41

Last Tuesday I had a blast playing video games at a friend's house. One of the highlights of the day being some fur-therapy with my friend's Shiba dog (classic Japanese dog breed.) In the evening a small number of friends and I met up at our old, tiny, watering hole for drinks. The night almost ended in tears as a friendly game of Uno turned sour when no one could remember what the exact rules were and battles over house rules flared. All in all a good time was had by all, however.

As planned, I did get out for a bike ride on Wednesday though my destination was the Hard Rock Cafe where I'm pretty sure the potato skins I had with lunch counter-balanced any exercise I did all day. In the evening some friends came over for what we're now calling Wednesday-night Magic (:the Gathering.)

The work week wasn't really worth writing home about. I went to work, came home, made dinner, watched TV, and went to bed. Wash, rinse, repeat. No big events this week.

Today, on the other hand, is "Health and Sports Day" or a "Happy Monday" or "Yet Another Day Off". For some odd reason I'm up at 7am writing this and will probably go back to bed when I'm done. Later in the day I'm going to meet some friends at the "Akinai Festival", uptown. The Akinai Festival is where street food vendors from all over Japan come to Osaka and set up shop for one weekend. It's like the Japanese version of Detroit's "Arts, Beats, and Eats." At least that's how it's been explained to me... should be fun to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment