Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 1

A new year and a fresh start on the blog. This year's goal is to expand on last year's success with updating every week. I hope to include a picture of myself as well as a brief summary of what I did in the previous week. I also plan on bringing back the longer posts about the various trips I take (of course with photos.) As they say in the neighborhood "Kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!"

To start, the highlight of this week was definitely my first experience going to a shrine on new years day. This is called hatsumode and is done to pray for a good new year as well as to receive one's fortune. I received the best fortune (daikichi) which bodes well for this year.

In other news it snowed twice in Osaka in the past week, once with flurries and once with big fluffy snow flakes (no accumulation though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment